Friday, March 6, 2015

Staff Spotlight: Traci Prevost

Meet Traci Prevost, Administrative Assistant and Girls Assistant Director!

Ever wonder who's you're talking to when you call into the camp office? Who's the face behind the blog and the quirky emails? Now you can get a better idea!

Joked to be the "dinosaur" at 4-H, this year will be Traci's 18th summer at camp! This includes years as a camper, counselor in training, Junior counselor, Senior counselor, Teen girls unit leader, CIT/Leadership coordinator, and Assistant director. This past summer was her first year as the Assistant Director for girls side and she had quite the experience. "It was challenging at times, but it was such a pleasure to work with Brian and Cooper (boys side assistant director) to continue to make camp fun and run smoothly." What are some of her favorite memories? "I could list so many, but it all boils down to the people that I spent my time with. Camp is one of the only places where my friends and the kids could make me laugh so hard I am sitting on the ground with tears running down my face. Anything that made me react like that is a favorite."

In the off season, Traci is in the process of completing her Master's Degree at Hofstra University for Mental Health Counseling. She is currently interning at an agency on Long Island and is planning on graduating this coming May!

Traci began working with the organization office in December of 2014 to further assist with camp functioning and growth. She helps with parent relations, camper registrations, planning and organizational projects. "So far, so good! I look forward to continuing to help families and get everything in motion to make this a fantastic summer!"

What is she looking forward to most this summer? "Seeing familiar faces and continuing to grow camp to it's full potential. Also the warm weather! I'm sick of the snow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment